Friday 18 December 2009



What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the progression of this project I have developed my skills in many different areas, such as, Photography, photo editing, Photoshop, blogging. In terms of photography before I embarked upon this project I had a very limited understanding of how to successfully take a professional looking good quality image. To help me improve my photography skills I purchased a book, called Digital Photography for Dummies (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Photography-Dummies-Julie-Adair/dp/0470250747/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260996008&sr=1-2) this book helped me learn theories such as the Rule of thirds, I applied these theories to the photos I took for my magazine and the quality seemed a lot better.


I had a limited amount of previous experience in photo editing, in photoshop, I was more used to using Adobe fireworks but photoshop seemed quite easy to use and I quickly gathered basic knowledge of how to use it properly, after a few hours of playing around I decided to look for a tutorial on how to manipulate colour in images and taught myself to use a variety of different effects and manipulate an image in different ways. This tutorial I found on youtube helped me develop my image editing skills http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vd1ZuxAGLU.  This video allowed me to change manipulate specific areas of an image changing its colour making it black and white as shown on the front cover of my main task.


Before starting this project I had never used http://www.blogger.com/ before I was more accustomed to using social network sites such as Facebook, I quickly adapted and picked up on how to use some of the features available to use on blogger. This allowed me to post questions to help with research, upload images and receive feedback from people.




Please leave your comments
Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment