Thursday 17 December 2009

Who would be the audience for your media product?




I’ve identified from my research that my main target audience is a mainly male audience aged from mid – teens to late twenties and who have an interest in the Indie Rock culture. I have chosen to appeal to the characteristics of this audience as from my questionnaire I identified that my main target audience was male. I handed my questionnaire to forty people, twenty men and twenty women; from my results I established that it was mainly men who purchased music magazines. These fitted mainly into the age range of 16 – 28. I chose to appeal to a popular music genre which can be associated with this age group.


How did you attract/adress your audience?
I have tried to address this audience by making it follow a more mature structure in the layout and the articles used but still making it appeal to different aspects of what people like to read and see in music magazines, such as competitions, reviews, bands and more these aspects appeal to each reader. One way in which I found some useful information was from the forums which are on the music magazine websites, (e.g. http://ubb.mojo4music.com/ubbthreads.php this is the Mojo magazine user forum) I gained a few ideas on what people liked about certain issues of mojo and decided to incorporate them within my own magazine.




Please leave your comments
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment